Thursday, January 12, 2012

Can I Change My 2000 Dodge Neon Catalytic Converter Myself?

I have a 2000 Dodge Neon. Can I change the catalytic converter myself without a welding torch to cut the pipe or any other obstacles? I know the new one will come with a pre-converter that bolts to the exhaust manifold. Or is the pre-converter in the exhaust manifold? I don't remember. It shouldn't be.Can I Change My 2000 Dodge Neon Catalytic Converter Myself?
Your going to have to take a look underneath the car and see how the car is setup.



If there are bolts visible to where you are able to unbolt the cat from the rest of the exhaust, then you should be able to do it easily.



Before you attempt to do the work, hit the bolts with some PB blaster DAYS in advance. Soak them maybe like twice a day every day up until you do the actual removal/install.



Good luck.Can I Change My 2000 Dodge Neon Catalytic Converter Myself?
If You can fit it under there a sawzall will work. but you kinda have to do some welding to put the new one on. and In some states I think it may be illegal to make modifications to smog systems without smog certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment