Thursday, January 19, 2012

If I get an X-Pipe without a catalytic converter will it pass emissions tests?

If I get an X-Pipe WITHOUT a catalytic converter will it pass emissions tests? I have an 02 Mustang GT and my friend ('Stang guru) said an X-Pipe without a catalytic converter will give me the most HP boost for a low price. I know this isn't street legal, but will it pass any tests?If I get an X-Pipe without a catalytic converter will it pass emissions tests?
X-pipe without the cats will not pass emissions. But to be sure check your local emissions laws for your state. In cali this will not pass.
this is not street legal. You may or may not pass tail pipe emissions testing, and if they check for the CAT you will be failed for sure,If I get an X-Pipe without a catalytic converter will it pass emissions tests?
Nope, will not pass an emissions test. Is it a visual or a full hook up? You can usually buy the race cats, that are almost completly gutted, they work good and help pass emissions test. You may want to look into how stringent your state is and talk to your local shops.
no...how will the pollutants be converted without a converter????,, guru.? lolIf I get an X-Pipe without a catalytic converter will it pass emissions tests?
without the converter it won't pass an emissions test.

1 comment:

  1. someone cut off my catalytic converter I have managed to pipe it back together without the cat .I wonted to buy a new one but the mechanic said you don't need a cat and it will pass a British m.o.t.my motor is a Mitsubishi animal 2005 can you tell me if this is true please I would be so great full thanks?

    ReplyDelete