Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can i sue the previous owner for taking off the catalytic converter?

I bought a 2005 scion tc from a private seller. He took that catalytic converter off to put on an aftermarket header, and sold it to me without a catalytic converter. Someone told me that I could sue for this. I definitely know that it is a large fine, and now I have to pay to get it fixed. Can i sue?Can i sue the previous owner for taking off the catalytic converter?
No. When you buy a used vehicle, unless there is a written warranty clause in a contract you sign, you can not sue or demand repayment for the converter.



However, you probably should have looked at it closer before you bought it. It's your responsibility for not checking.Can i sue the previous owner for taking off the catalytic converter?
you couldnt tell from the sound of the car that it had a modified exhaust system? i would think that convincing a judge of this would mean you would have to provide some proof that the sound of the car with the header sounds no different from any other scion.....that may be tough to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment