Sunday, January 1, 2012

How long does it take to install a new catalytic converter on a car?

My catalytic converter is gone on my car and I'm getting a new one installed tomorrow. Thankfully the part is covered under warranty but I still have to pay for labor. Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to remove and install and new catalytic converter and o2 sensor? My car is a 2002 olds.|||depends on if its welded or not. if it is, 2 0r 3 hours, if not ive done it in an hour. especially if its a shop, they can actually stand under the car and do it lol i had to put mine on stands and lay underneath|||i would say no more that 2 hours. they would have to cut the old one out and reweld the two ends back to the tailpipe. im actually giving the guys some lee-way here.|||I cannot imagine it should take longer than 1 hour by the shop book. The person you drop your car off with at the dealer will be able to tell you exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment